Solopreneur School welcomes fresh ideas for solo professionals, and we’re happy to consider guests posts from expert authors on relevant topics. We do not pay for guest posts or articles.
If you’d like to submit a guest post, please submit your pitch here. We review and respond to every submission. We'll let you know if we’d like to publish the post and when your submission is due.
Writing and Submitting Your Article
All posts must comply with our Guest Posting Policies as outlined below. We will decline any pitches or posts that do not meet these requirements.
- Your article MUST be original content, not a previously published post.
- We only accept informational, non-promotional posts.
- Posts should be between 600-800, with a maximum of 1,000 words or less.
- Include a catchy and descriptive title for the post, including the keyword for your topic. (We may edit titles to improve SEO).
- Use proper spelling and grammar. Be sure to spell check and proofread before submitting your post.
- Do not use industry jargon or acronyms without explanation.
- No profanity, biased or suggestive content will be accepted.
- If you are quoting someone or referencing outside sources, give credit where due.
- Disclose any client relationships or potential conflicts of interest.
- Your article may include one link to outside content that supports your content. No affiliated links are allowed.
- If you would like to provide an image or diagram, include attribution. We publish images at our discretion.
- If necessary, we may edit the content of your post or title to adhere to these guidelines, improve readability and appeal, or facilitate SEO.
Author Bylines and Bios
We will include a short bio, head shot and a link to your website or online profile at the end of your post. Submit the following items for the author:
- A quality photo of the author in JPG or PNG format. Our preferred image size is 150 x 150px. Your image must be at least 150px wide. Smaller images will not be accepted; larger images will be resized or cropped.
- Write a brief biography of the author in 100-150 words. Include information about your background and qualifications (why you're an expert) on the topic being covered.
- Provide a link to your website or online profile (LinkedIn or About.me, etc.)
- If desired, include your professional Twitter handle.
Upon submission, review and approval, we will publish the article on Solopreneur.School.
Terms and Disclosure
We reserve the right to refuse to publish submitted articles for any reason, which we are not obligated to disclose. Common reasons for rejecting a guest post include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Inaccurate information or bias
- Excessive grammatical or spelling errors
- Lack of relevance to the Solopreneur School community
- Overly promotional content or sales pitches
We also reserve the right to remove any published works by a guest author from Solopreneur School without prior warning or explanation. The author retains copyright to all original content submitted. Authors agree not to republish original content for a period of 60 days from the date published on Solopreneur.School.
Submitting a guest post or pitch for review indicates your consent to the terms outlined in this Guest Post Policy. Any questions about writing for Solopreneur School should be directed to Joey Ferguson.
This Guest Post Policy may be modified or updated at any time.
Originally Published: August 11, 2015
Last Updated: August, 2015